So, the total cost for upgrading MacBook pro 2012-current for capacity 8 GB and 1 TB is $554.99. (Source: http://eshop.macsales.com/)
1. The Problem of Out of RAM.
The main cause of slow Mac is the low capacity of memory and RAM.
The cause of out of RAM is there are too many applications which run automatically when the start up running but those are not used.
How big is memory recommended by Apple?
It depends on the usage and the application that you open.
– RAM 1GB. If you only use your Mac for Word processing and reading e-mail, 1 GB memory is enough to run those applications. – RAM 2GB. If you always use your Mac to play the game, photo editing by using Photoshop for examples, RAM memory of 2 GB is recommended. – RAM 2GB+. The applications for Multimedia editing and 3-D modeling require very big memory, therefore it is recommended for you to use 2GB+.
The recommendation of RAM above is only applicable if you are the user who runs the applications one by one, but usually many users are tend to do a multitasking, that is to open many applications at once. For example when we open the application of Word processing and reading e-mail, usually we also open the internet browser for surfing the internet and open the Photoshop to edit the photo.
Apple recommends users to minimally choose 4GB RAM if you are the multitasking user.
Enhance the available space of RAM.
MacBooster Performance Boost.
When you are doing multitasking by running many apps, RAM memory also will be used as many as applications which you open and it will be full. Mac will run slowly and sometimes the application will be on the status of “not responding”.
To solve this problem, you can run Macbooster Performance Boost to clean up the cache files which is generated by 3rd party apps to provide the bigger remained memory.
Another cause of full RAM is cache files which are saved in the memory. This cache memory is functioned to quick up the open processing of certain application when you need it again. But if you have a limited amount of RAM capacity, your memory will be full and makes your Mac runs slowly. Macbooster Memory Cleaner will help you to clean up the cache memory and give a free space for memory to be used for another application by one click.
The applications which run automatically when it is on start up aimed to ease user to use applications without manual steps. The applications which run when start up begins are Antivirus and Instant messengers like Skype.
The application like Skype when it runs on start up but it’s not used will only add the load of RAM use. By using Macbooster Start up Optimalization, you can determine which applications that you need to be automatically run when it is on start up.
The lesser applications run on start up, the faster your Mac performance will be.
Give a Bigger Free Space Hard Disk
Hard disk is used to save the files and documents. But, the more files and documents you save at your hard disk, it will reduce the performance of your Mac. Moreover if the hard disk is in full condition, it will make your Mac runs slowly. How does Mac help you to give a bigger free space?
1. Delete the junk files. The files like System Cache Files, System Log Files, Broken Login System, Broken Login Items, Main Attachments, Shortcut cleaning, Leftovers, Language Files, Trash Cleaning up, Universal Binaries, iOS Photo Cache, iOS Software Update and User Downloads can be classified as junk files that can be deleted.
By using MacBooster Cleanup, it will help you to delete files by only 1 click.
2. Discard the unused applications. Too many applications which are being installed in Mac also can cause the full hard drive.
By using Macbooster Uninstaller, you can see all applications which is installed in Mac and choose which unwanted applications and delete it.
3. Delete the Duplicate Files. It can be true that your full hard disk because it has been fully loaded by duplicate files which of course it is not used.
Then how to find the duplicate files?
It will be so tiring if you search it one by one.
By using MacBooster Duplicate Finder, it will help you to find the duplicated files both in internal hard drive or otherwise.
4. Delete or Back up the Big Files to External Hard Drive. The big files like movies and .dmg files which are saved in hard drive are taking too many capacities in hard drive. So it will be better for you to move the big files to external hard disk, or to delete the movie files which have been watched.
By using Macbooster Large Files Cleaner, you can find and display all files in hard drive in a sorted list according to the size of files themselves. You can see which files are big and choose to delete it.
5. Duplicate Photos. Sometimes we copy the photos from I-Phone and most probably sometimes you forget that those photos have been copied previously. It also makes hard drive full.
Macbooster Photo Sweeper helps you to find the duplicated photos (extra copies) and to find the photos that have similarity.